Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving meal
Thanksgiving in countries that don't celebrate the holiday is always a bit...different.  Although I always have to work and am never near family, I do always have a few American co-workers to celebrate with.

Luckily, there is a large expat community here, so some restaurants were offering to deliver cooked turkeys and sides for those aren't blessed with ovens (or the kind of time one needs to cook a turkey).

I was never big on Thanksgiving, but I have grown to enjoy more in the past few years:  perhaps the reason being that I have now learned how to take time to reflect and be appreciative.

Obviously my life has changed in ways I cannot even begin to describe in the past 3 years - I've experienced things by age 24 that most people won't experience in their lifetime, and I've met the most beautiful people from dozens of different countries who have shared their cultures and lives with me.

I am so thankful to be where I am today, and to have such amazing, supportive people in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Meredith! I hope you are doing well and staying warm. We had a great time at Aunt Stef's. The children's table has been renamed "The Cousins Table" since all of you are now over 21. A conversation between Stephany and Ben about the cost of living almost got them banished to the adult table! Looking forward to having you and Jim there at some future feast. Great food--wonderful company. Love, Aunt Myke

    ReplyDelete