Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Shanghai

With the international teacher job hunting season in full gear, I spent the past weekend in Shanghai at a job fair.

the Starbucks grind
Luckily I was able to enjoy amenities that are scarce in Qingdao: fresh salads, organic spinach and grilled chicken wraps, IKEA, Forever 21, and good wine. I was also so happy to meet up with Inae again, my friend from Korea/savior when my passport was stolen in Shanghai last year.

It was great to have a weekend getaway and have a chance to interview with so many different schools.  Plus I got to wander the streets a bit and enjoy people watching in one of the busiest cities I've ever been to.

Nanjing Lu





Dancing 

Nanjing Lu

The next update will include info on the new job local ;)

4 comments:

  1. Looks incredible. Are those chickens roasting in the third photo, or what kind of birds are those? Can't wait to find out where you'll be headed to next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chickens and ducks ;) They're everywhere!

      Delete
  2. Can you change the print color to something darker? I am trying to print this off to show Grandma, and the text is too light for her to see. She'd enjoy seeing the photos, too, as much as your Dad and I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Ma, can't be done. Perhaps you can print it and read to her?

      Delete