Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ni Hao 中国

@ the Marina downtown
Well, I've been here a month now, so I guess it's about time for an update...

 Fair warning: this certainly is, and will hopefully always be, my most boring post.  I would have waited until something cool happened, but who knows how long that will take...

I've been putting it off because it's been slow rolling getting started here- I can definitely say there hasn't been much action.  Although the city has around 8 million residents, I live in the 'burbs and get more of a 'small town' kind of experience.  Due to the heavy haze that falls in July and August, I haven't taken many pictures...sorry!

To break it down- I live in a small 2 bedroom apartment in the same complex as my co-workers.  It's a 20 minute bus ride to work, 20 minute bus ride downtown, 20 minute walk to the grocery store, and 25 minute walk to the beach.

Olympic Sailing Stadium
School started last Wednesday and I have 17 kindergarteners.  My kids come from 12 different countries and most are bi or tri-lingual.  My co-workers are nice and the kids are lovely.

Unfortunately I have no fun or exciting stories to share yet - hopefully when the workload lightens I'll have more opportunities to travel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment